Instagram ;D

Ads

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Youthfest Dance Competition 2016

23rd April 2016

The night was magical and extraordinary.

It started out with Tina asking me what's my age and telling me to form a team for this dance competition. It was really last minute but I'm glad that Myra & Charissa could make it.

We eventually settled with Mermaid theme - where global warming threatens the marine animals. Was quite excited about the whole item when our song choices are finalized. I'm not a cartoony or Ariel type of fan girl (ps: my fav is still Cinderella), so this is kinda my first time doing something out of my comfort zone.

Due to our tight schedules and my stupid neck/shoulder injuries (BOOO YOU), our practices got delayed. We each choreo-ed a song and taught each other in speed of light. Got quite stressed because I'm really weak in my hiphop basics (my bounce bounce) and my burden neck couldn't isolate properly during the practice. 

Though I had plenty of performance experiences, I got tensed up when it comes to competition. You know it's not just about performing, it's where the whole choreography and concept is being judged. Oh ya, it's kinda like submitting a group project for grading. Yeah, it was that tensed for me.

I remembered on the competition day itself, they tried to clean my bounce basics and I can totally feel their stress on me. I'm super weak at that, so you can imagine them scratching their heads off while trying to teach me bouncing techniques. I'M VERY VERY SORRY LADIES. 

We went on to have our lunch at around 3+pm at McDs and I got to sew for the first time. LOL. No joke. I'm really not a wife-material. :P So we got to tour back to MBS, got our make-up done and went back to the holding area for standby.

The mood began to sink in (not for me, mine had already sunk in from morning) while we were queuing for our turns. Honestly, I don't feel good. I'm super duper stressed out. Ok, fast forward to finish performing - I don't feel good as well.

I FORGOT MY BURNITUP CHOREO! &, I moved faster than the beats... :( Too much mistakes for a dancer.. No good at all. I blamed it on my weak techniques and high self-sabotaged stress onstage. Boooo!!! BUT...... I MANAGED TO DO MY BOUNCE BOUNCE!! ^_^


But yeah, what's over already over. Gotta learn from my mistakes so that I can continue to grow bah! We did bring back valuable advices from the judges. Couldn't have thank them enough for those. Thank you Tina and Marcus for them, especially to you, Tina, thank you for letting us know of this competition and pushing us to take part in it. (:



& thank you to my pretty mermaids - I wouldn't have come so far without the late nights training and time sacrifices for this competition. See you all in class~ MUACKS MUACKS <3

No comments:

Post a Comment